Weird War II - Savage Tales
Ryadovoy (Private) Mikhail Chernov
Slow on the Trigger Machine Gunner
Weight: 220 lbs.
Blond hair, green eyes, tan complexion
Seasoned (25 XP)
AGILITY – D6
SMARTS – D4
SPIRIT – D6
STRENGTH – D8
VIGOR – D10
Pace – 6
Parry – 6
Sanity – 5
Toughness – 7
Charisma – 0
Languages – Russian, Ukrainian, Polish
- Grazing Fire – This edge allows your character to use a machine gun more effectively in suppressive fire mode. Targets who roll a 1 or 2 on their Spirit checks are hit and take damage.
- Hose ‘Em Down – Machine gunners with this Edge can suppress an area more effectively than a typical gunner. When using a braced medium or heavy machine gun, this killer can suppress an area equal to two Medium Burst templates. The second template must be adjacent to the first (in any direction), and the weapon burns through double it’s usual amount of ammunition.
- Improved Hose ’Em Down – This Edge allows a Machine Gunner to suppress an area equal to three Medium Burst templates, at triple the usual amount of ammunition spent. Each additional template must be adjacent to the first.
- Soviet Fatalism – Many “Ivans” seemed resigned to inevitable suffering, whether in the trenches, in captivity, or back at the collective farm. Yet they struggles on, even while waiting for the British and Americans to re-ignite the Western Front. Soviet characters with this Edge are somewhat numb to their fate and ignore one level of wound modifier.
- Rock and Roll! – Some veteran shooters have learned how to compensate for the recoil of fully-automatic weapons. If a character with this Edge does not move, he may ignore the recoil penalty for firing a weapon on fully automatic.
- Slow (Major) – Not everyone was born with cat-like reflexes. This soldier is just a little slow on the uptake, or maybe freezes up when the lead starts flying. He draws two cards in combat and acts on the worst. If he draws a Joker, he uses it normally and ignores his Hindrance for the round.
- Bad Eyes (Minor) – Your hero’s eyes just aren’t what they used to be. With glasses, there’s no penalty and the Hindrance is only Minor. Should he lose his glasses (generally a 50% chance when he’s wounded) he suffers a -2 penalty to any Trait roll made to shoot or Notice something more than 5" (10 yards) distant.
- Illiterate (Minor) – You hero cannot read. He can probably sign his name and knows what a STOP sign says, but can do little else. He also doesn’t know much about math either. He can probably do 2+2=4, but multiplication and the like are beyond them.
- Climbing – D4
- Fighting – D8
- Notice – D4
- Shooting – D10
- Stealth – D6
- Swimming – D4
- Throwing – D6
- DP 1928 (7.62) – 2D8; AP 2; 24/48/96; RoF 3; 47 Rounds; Special: Snap Fire
- Grenade (x1) F-1 Fragmentation – 3D6; 5/10/20; Medium Burst Template
- Knife – Str + D4
- Steel Helmet – +2 Armor to Head; 50% chance to protect vs. Head Shot
- C-Rations (x3)
- Ammo Pouch (x3)
- Entrenching Tool
- Mess Kit
- Pistol Holster
- Web Belt
- Uniform (Shirt, Trousers, Foot Wraps, Boots, Forage Cap)
Raised in the rural outskirts of the city of Novouzensk, Mikhail Chernov’s youth has been spent toiling in the harsh conditions of Stalin’s collective farms, a life that, while not necessarily honing his wits, has definitely honed his body.
Mikhail is a large, generally quite man. Slow to anger, but relentless once his blood is up, Mikhail’s young life has been an almost endless regimen of Soviet life: labor, hunger, and fisticuffs.
No matter how grim the circumstances, Mikhail “Bear” Chernov is always ready with a laugh and a challenge for a friendly boxing or wrestling match.